Liverpool City Council will shortly be tendering for its new Help to Live at Home Service. This new care service will combine the current provision of Personal Care Services (domiciliary care) along with any day or community support opportunities particularly aimed at older people. The aim of this new service is to ensure that the most vulnerable citizens living within the city receive a more flexible, responsive, person centred service that helps them to remain living at home safer for longer. Liverpool City Council is looking for a number of care providers to be able to deliver their Help to Live at Home Service. The contract value is up to £15.6M per annum.
It is felt that by utilising the latest technology solutions both Liverpool City Council and the service users that it supports would benefit by:
- Improving the quality of both the type of care being offered and the Help to Live at Home services in general
- Improving individuals’ life, health and wellbeing, giving people increased control and assistance with everyday living
- Increasing, improving and promoting service user independence, promoting self-help, reducing reliance on services and helping people to remain in their own homes for longer
- Ensuring services are safer, more cost effective and efficient, with better use of resources
- Meeting the increased pressures on services as the demand for social care increases
- Assisting with the preventative agenda so there is less need for more, longer term care and support packages
- Helping with the integration between both health care and social care
- Improving communication amongst service delivery partners
- Making services more accessible to service users
The Prior Information Notice can be accessed here.
An event has been arranged for Tuesday 19th April 2016 at Anfield Stadium, Liverpool Football Club, Anfield Rd, Liverpool L4 0TH. The aim of this event is to bring together both technology companies and care providers interested in joining forces to deliver a range of Help to Live at Home Services within the city of Liverpool. We are looking for technology companies that can assist in providing innovative technological answers. You may register for the event here.